Gareth is an author, podcast host, and speaker. His passion is challenging preconceptions and helping people transform and grow into authenticity, happiness, purpose and sense of fulfillment without sacrificing worldly and career success. He is active in the community and a successful businessman.
- Gareth was born in the North of England, and after living as a child in Edinburgh, Scotland and Toronto, Canada, his family moved to Cardiff in South Wales.
- Gareth was drawn to spirituality in the late 1990’s at the height of a successful twenty-year career in finance, and in mergers & acquisitions. Shortly thereafter he left the corporate world. As an independent businessman he has been able to develop a very successful livelihood and at the same time cultivate his spiritual path.
- His business career has taken him to Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia, Nicaragua, Mexico and New Zealand. He has visited many of these countries on his own time and has also traveled to China, South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, the Caribbean, Turkey, and throughout much of Western Europe. He has recently rediscovered hill walking (his favorite place is the West Coast of Scotland, which features on the covers of several of his books) and camping, and he is enjoying discovering natural wonders of the South.
- Gareth is very active in interfaith and social justice work. A couple of years after being ordained a Zen Buddhist priest, Gareth left formal Zen practice to co-found Red Clay Sangha, an Atlanta Buddhist community. He is the serving president of Second Helpings Atlanta, has served as president of the Faith Alliance of Metro Atlanta, and is a regular observer of Ramadan, the Jewish High Holidays, and other faith and interfaith events. He is engaged with a number of other interfaith and social justice organizations, serving on boards and participating in grass-roots activism.
- Gareth is a podcast host, a blogger, and a regular speaker and leader on topics of authenticity, intimacy and curiosity – central to a New Business Mindset.
- He has written a number of books, including two novels, and contributed to several others.
- Gareth is a father of two almost-adult children and lives in Atlanta, Georgia.